Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Moschino, Fall 2009




I was a bit disappointed with the Moschino show--just a bit. It's usually one of my favorite shows. It wasn't the ubiquitous Magritte-inspired bowlers that bothered me; the collection just seemed a bit, dare I say, conservative. Now, conservative can be a good thing at times, especially for designers trying to push the artistic envelope with absurd and pretentious pieces (e.g Rei Kawakubo), but I usually enjoy the playful quirkiness of Moschino.

It's a pity that Moschino (Men's) is barely sold in Canada. I don't know where you can find it in Toronto--certainly not at Holts or Harry's. I know that Simons in Montreal's usually features a small collection.

p.s. Check out the black shoes in the pic above

-The scandal

No comments:

Post a Comment