Friday, January 30, 2009

Fall 2009 Men's Hugo by Hugo Boss





It's been said that you can't throw a stone without hitting a store selling Hugo Boss merchandise. Ok, maybe it hasn't been said, but it is true that Hugo Boss is widely available in pretty much every country with a shopping mall.

Generally speaking, HB doesn't excite me--the stuff usually appears kind of generic and not as well-made as other designer labels. It's really not in the same league as the Dolces and Valentinos.

A lot of the stuff is often made in Eastern European countries (such as Romania), and not in Italy. This is, of course, reflected in the price, and so the label is within the pricepoint of a larger group of people. I know a lot of young Bay street lawyers who bought a Boss suit as their first "nice" suit when they first started working after law school. I think it's a good "gateway" label to other designers.

Yet, as I like to point out, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Some of the stuff is made in Italy and made very well (and quite stylish, I might add). Hugo Boss also has so many labels, it's hard to keep track. They used to have a luxury label called "Baldessarini", but I don't think the label is still affiliated with HB. The collection shown above is the "Hugo" line which is a bit more fashion forward.

Personally, because of the sheer volume of HB clothing for sale that I have come across, I actually have acquired quite a few pieces over the years including a really good pair of tan shoes and a camelhair coat.

-The Scandal

No comments:

Post a Comment