Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fall 2009 Men's Salvatore Ferragamo




I had high expectations for the Fall 2009 Men's Salvatore Ferragamo collection. I really enjoyed the "blingy" collections from previous seasons. Unfortunately, I found that the current collection lacked coherence. I have read that Ralph Lauren is one of the few people to have created an entire universe. When you walk into a Ralph Lauren store, you really get a sense of a distinct brand. If RL can do that for an entire label over a period of decades, a designer should certainly be able to create a coherent theme for one collection. Anyways, I don't mean to hate on the collection...

As for Ferragamo, thankfully, the men's shoes are readily available in Canada at places such as Holts, and at the end of the day, the label is mostly closely associated with its wonderful shoes (and some accessories). I don't even know if the clothing line is available in Canada. I haven't seen it anywhere in Toronto or Montreal. It's a pity.

-The scandal

No comments:

Post a Comment