Saturday, February 21, 2009

Justin Timberlake, William Rast Fall 2009 and GQ


Justin Timberlake appears on the cover of the March 2009 edition of GQ (above) wherein he has been named as America's Most Stylish Man. I think I'm going to have to disagree with GQ on this one. It seems to me that Justin is dressed by a stylist, which means he looks good, but in a bit of a manufactured manner (just like the Jonas brothers or the latest American Idol finalists).

Sure JT sports all the trendy accouterments favoured by Hollywood stylists: the vest, the scarf, the sneakers, the dorky trilby hat, etc., but contrast that look to truly original style icons, such as Kanye, Andre 3000 or Johnny Depp. Whatever- I'm just glad they didn't name Obama!
By the way, doesn't he look weird in that cover pic?

JT also co-founded a label called "William Rast". I think Johan ("J") Lindberg had a hand in the Fall 2009 show (shown in the pics below)
-The Scandal




-The Scandal

No comments:

Post a Comment