Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Calvin Klein Collection, Fall 2009









CKC creative director Italo Zucchelli has been recently known to experiment with "modern" fabrics". In this show, there was a lot of use of this material that looked like Cooperall hockey pads (Do you fashion types know anything about hockey pads? Thought so).
There was also a whole lot of grey. In general, the collections have a certain pleasant plainness to them, though I generally prefer my clothes a bit livelier, either in tone or the cut. I did however pick up a really nice black leather mesh bag at the CK boutique on 5th ave in NYC a few years ago.
A couple of other observations:
I find CKC to be, like Hugo Boss, generally priced cheaper than other haute couture labels. It may not be in the same category as as the Guccis, Pradas, Dolces etc.
Also, be careful of the "Calvin Klein" label. I'm not familiar with all the different brands in the family, but I know that I used to see cheap Calvin Klein suits for sale in large department stores. These guys really prostituted their name, however the more premium "Calvin Klein Collection" is still nice.
-The Scandal

No comments:

Post a Comment