Friday, December 10, 2010

Fashionistus sancti

A few years ago, while searching for Gregorian chants, I chanced upon a very peculiar, but entertaining Gregorian chant that is unlikely to have ever been sung in a church. The song is composed in the typical style of a Gregorian chat (vocal music only, no instruments) but the lyrics are the names of European designer fashion labels. It's quite humorous actually, and a nice melody to boot.

As the grains of sands passed, I eventually lost the song, but recently grew curious and decided to retrieve it from the internet once again. I figured it would be pretty easy to find. It wasn't. I recalled the name of the band was Waldorf, and the song was called "Fashionista".

But after much googling, all I was able to come up with was a techno version of the song, which didn't appeal to me at all. You can get a taste of the techno version:



Finally, after much googling I eventually stumbled upon the version of the song I was searching for. Apparently, the group, which formed in Italy in the 90's, had recorded several versions of the song. You can read more about them here. The version I was looking for was called "fashionistus sakral choir" and I urge you to listen to it. Enjoy!



 Waldorf - Fashionistus Sakral Choir (Int .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

-The Scandal

No comments:

Post a Comment