Saturday, July 11, 2009

Best of Women's Fall 2009 RTW

I've decided to compile some of my favorite looks of Fall 2009 RTW collections. Here they are in no particular order:

1. Haider Ackerman


I loved Ackerman's collection. I thought that his use of long silk skirts/dresses with jackets gave an edgy spin.

2. Givenchy


Riccardo Tisci did an amazing job combining different textures together. I really enjoyed seeing some classical pieces, well tailored suits, and just an overall elegance.

3. Dsquared
My fave Canadian duo was inspired by the Olsen twins. I loved how they were able to combine the everyday wear with evening gowns i.e. leather jacket with a scarf and a long silky dress. Street wear and hobo chic seems to be a prominent theme this season.

4. Bottega Veneta


I thoroughly enjoyed the Bottega Veneta collection as well. Tomas Maier always manages to carry through well tailored garments. His pieces tend to be very elegant and designed for the glamorous ladies. The idea of wearing a white jacket in the fall really stuck my fancy


5. Balmain


Last but not least, Balmain, certainly has been the "it" label for the past few seasons. Decarnin inspired endless collections with his 80's themed jackets, dresses and skirts. I have to give him credit for inspiring me to wear the ultra high-waisted skirt and plain white t-shirt ensemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment