Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ports 1961 Mens Fall/Winter 2012

Growing up in the 1980's, I remember my father sporting Ports International neckties. I  associated the brand with subdued, if somewhat stylish conservatism akin to say, Brooks Brothers.

I have since learned that after disappearing in the North American market for a decade or two, this brand with Canadian roots has since christened itself as "Ports 1961", and re-booted itself as a fashion forward force to be reckoned with. I must say that  I am very impressed with results.

Designers Fiona Cibani and Ian Hylton have done a nice job in marrying Saville Row chic with modernist tailoring that you might find with the likes of Raf Simons and Miuccia Prada. It is my favourite Milan show to date this season.



Full show.











All images copyrighted to style.com

-The Scandal

No comments:

Post a Comment