Friday, July 29, 2011

Review of online luxury retailer Luisviaroma

I finally ordered an item and received successful delivery from the online luxury clothing retailer, Luisviaroma.


Luisviaroma offers a variety of extremely fashion forward brands that you would be hard pressed to find in Canada, such as Gareth Pugh and Rick Owens. Of course, it also features more mainstream designer brands such as Burberry, Dolce, Lanvin, etc.


The site is so fashion forward that I entertain myself by browsing through the selection of weird and wacky stuff that you simply will never see trickling down to the major North American retailers of designer clothing.








In fact, the site is among such an extreme fashion vanguard that it actually has a "Legging" and "Skirt" categories in the Men's section! Although I myself am unlikely to order  male leggings or skirt any time soon, this site is far, far more interesting than a luxury site such as bluefly, which offers the blandest and most pedestrian selection of designer clothing.


Overall, I find the site to be very easy to browse and  user-friendly. I also like the way the site intelligently spies on my ISP address to deduce my country of origin and automatically quotes me prices in Canadian dollars.  The prices aren't terribly cheap, but there are some deals to be had, especially during sale season.


As for the order, I experienced a small amount of delight when my order (a pair of shoes) arrived (from Italy) relatively quickly (under a week) and was also very handsomely wrapped in a bow and Crêpe paper. It's definitely a nice way to add a touch of elegance to the otherwise faceless online shopping experience.









-The Scandal

No comments:

Post a Comment